Full-Time Research Associate
The Metabolomics Core Facility provides GC/MS and LC/MS services in addition to bioenergetics profiling. The facility has two components: 1) services and 2) research development. The Core routinely performs targeted metabolite analyses as well as stable isotope tracing experiments. For the bioenergetics experiments, the Core uses Seahorse platforms. A team approach is at the center of both the services and research mandates of the Metabolomics Core Facility.
• Oversee research projects requiring method development, and delivery of results to customers for the service component of the Core
• Design, write, implement and maintain LC/MS and GC/MS SOPs, protocols and research methods; resolve conceptual problems by troubleshooting and researching
• Review & approve LC/MS and GC/MS data generated by other lab members.
• Develop, troubleshoot and implement new sample extraction and analysis methods by LC/MS & GC/MS
• Oversee implementation of new methods by coordinating with other lab members in the establishment of said new methods.
• Extract, collect LC/MS data, analyze and review and evaluate research findings of customer samples according to established facility standard operating procedures (SOP)
• Develop and apply ad-hoc bioinformatics solutions for the analysis of complex genomic datasets
• Develop and extend software tools, including data visualization.
• Disseminate research results and methodology, specifically the methods sections for client publications
• Disseminate of research results and developments at internal and external scientific meetings and in peer-reviewed scientific publications
• Contribute in developing figures and portions of text for grant proposals
• Assign & Schedule and determine SOPs for customer service samples (internal & external)
• Contribute to problem-solving discussions
• Lead or contribute the writing of manuscripts and data presentations.
• Participate in scientific conferences to learn about new MS developments.
• PhD in Biochemistry, or Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biomedical Life Sciences
• 5 years of research experience in mass-spectrometryincluding at least 3 years of direct experience in LC-MS equipment, technologies, and analysis
• Experience in the field of cancer research
OTHER QUALIFYING SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Demonstrated computer skills for the analysis of next generation sequencing data are required
• Previous experience in processing and analyzing NGS data, genome annotation or in developing sequence analysis pipelines
• Familiarity with databases, Oracle and mySQL, and statistical computing programs, R and Matlab, would be useful
• Ability to work independently, yet be a team player, in a multi-disciplinary environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English