Mechanisms of drug resistance and oncogenic activation of receptor tyrosine kinases with a focus on breast cancer. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in molecular biology/biochemistry techniques, cell signaling and animal studies with demonstrated skill at teaching/mentoring technicians, students and postdoctoral fellows, manuscript preparation, grant writing, seminar presentations and lab management.
Specific duties include:
- Design and execute experimental procedures; assist other members in the lab in experimental design and analysis
- Contribute technically and intellectually to the laboratory goals
- Develop new experimental procedures
- Review and contribute to grant applications and manuscripts
- Co-supervise/mentor graduate and undergraduate students in their research projects
- Provide training for new laboratory members
- Provide monthly reports to Principal Investigator on research progress and lab management
- Any other related activities assigned by the Principal Investigator
|PhD in Biochemistry or related biomedical discipline, minimum of 5 years of research experience in a basic research environment focused on biochemistry and molecular biology. A minimum of two first-author publications in peer-reviewed journals is essential.
Other Qualifying Skills and Abilities
- Expertise in cell culture, qPCR, qRT PCR, Western blotting, cloning, lentiviral infection, proliferation assays, soft agar assays, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, luciferase assays, confocal microscopy and animal studies for drug testing.
- Extensive knowledge of the biochemistry of receptor tyrosine kinase signaling
- Experience with combination drug screens
- Knowledge of breast cancer
- Experience with patient-derived xenograft studies
- Excellent knowledge of software such as Office, Photoshop, Illustrator, Prism, Zen, Incucyte Zoom and Ingenuity Pathway Analysis.
- Proven scientific writing and presentation skills in English.
- Organized, structured and a team player, who is able to work independently with limited instructions.
How to Apply
Please submit your application to: aec12-hr [at] mcgill.ca
Please refer to this position reference number when applying: 20180108Research Associate, Park Lab.
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted